Author Topic: Sorting and Deleting Tags  (Read 3559 times)

rportinga

• View Profile
    • Bauer Bros. Construction, Inc.
    • Email
Sorting and Deleting Tags
« on: March 27, 2009, 11:51:04 am »
while I have been tagging stuff on a regular basis, I don't really sort much by them.. more for my client to find stuff ... so I got an unexpected surprise when I went to do some sorting by tags this morning... the new features! including deleting and sort and such.

One thing tho... could you either include the tag count when sorting alphabetically, or when sorting by number of tags, include those with 0 items.

I knew I had a couple tags to delete that I had started using, then changed... but I couldn't see the ones with nothing attached to delete, then when going to the alphabetical list... I had to really make sure I was deleting the right one cause it didn't verify how many items may or may not be attached to that tag.

That make sense?

As an aside, other future options to consider on the tags is renaming and merging...
Rob Portinga
Bauer Bros. Construction, Inc.

ignacio

• View Profile
Re: Sorting and Deleting Tags
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 01:25:31 pm »
There aren't tags with count 0. Tags only exist attached to an object. When you remove the last occurrence of a tag from an object it won't appear anywhere else on the system.

About renaming tags, there's already an option to do that, available for admins only. It's the button between sorting and deleting on the toolbar. If you rename tag 'A' to tag 'B' and tag 'B' already existed then you will be merging those tags.

rportinga

• View Profile
    • Bauer Bros. Construction, Inc.
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2009, 03:52:39 pm »
There aren't tags with count 0. Tags only exist attached to an object. When you remove the last occurrence of a tag from an object it won't appear anywhere else on the system.

Ok, maybe the ones I had were a hold-over from previous version... cause I had a tag "invite by email" then later decided to use "email invite" ... and after changing them all over the first one still showed up on my list, but had nothing attached to it.
Rob Portinga
Bauer Bros. Construction, Inc.

ignacio

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2009, 03:14:16 pm »
Maybe the tag is on a trashed object, or on a workspace to which you don't have access?

hamen

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2009, 12:43:28 pm »
Maybe the tag is on a trashed object,

My exact problem! Solved by checking trash and deleting those objects :D
Thank you!
hamen