Author Topic: WYSIWYG HTML editor for Task, and Note  (Read 10242 times)

bayonian

• View Profile
WYSIWYG HTML editor for Task, and Note
« on: March 24, 2009, 11:48:28 pm »
It will be very helpful indeed if OpenGoo has WYSIWYG for Task and Note. Currently, it's very difficult for us to make a good format Task description and Note. I tried to insert some HTML tag to the text box  for Task(Description) and Note (Text), but it showed those tags back on the page.

Is there any tweak that I can use the HTML tag for Task and Note since OpenGoo has no WYSIWYG for these two ?

Thanks.

ignacio

• View Profile
Re: WYSIWYG HTML editor for Task, and Note
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 07:02:45 pm »
We may support this in the future, but including user generated HTML can be risky.

bayonian

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2009, 04:18:54 am »
How about the BBC tags ?

ignacio

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2009, 10:01:04 am »
We're now evaluating using a tool called HTML Purifier. I think this would allow us to use HTML tags safely. This should be available on version 1.4.

rportinga

• View Profile
    • Bauer Bros. Construction, Inc.
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2009, 11:53:12 am »
I'm kind of torn on this "feature"

I can see the usefulness in some cases, but other than having url's generated as a web-link... for the most part I like that it's just text and not all cluttered up.
Rob Portinga
Bauer Bros. Construction, Inc.

bayonian

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2009, 12:18:20 pm »
We're now evaluating using a tool called HTML Purifier. I think this would allow us to use HTML tags safely. This should be available on version 1.4.

My boss will be happy because he is complaining to me a lot about OG because of this feature. Even though we are currently testing OG, but we see a lot of potential in it. I will ask him to consider some donation. :D

bountonw

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2009, 07:01:42 am »
This seems to be a popular feature request. 

In the Issues forum there are two threads (here and here) going that seem to overlap with this request at least in part, but they are taking a different approach

On the Sponsor a Feature page there is a place where one can sponsor
Rich text editor, bigger text box and change font size in notes.
This also seems to be a different approach.

Not sure why only Platinum sponsors can contribute. 

If we allowed Silver and Gold contributions then maybe we could get this feature sooner.

Summary
Not only do we need to include the ability to increase font size, but we need indent, bullets and numbered lists in tasks, notes, and especially comments and if silver and gold contributions were available, we might get these features sooner??

ctek

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2010, 11:04:41 am »
any news about the WYSIWYG - editor for tasks?

cabeza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2010, 11:09:09 am »
If won't be implemented in short term.

If you wish to contribute for this feature, please let me know.

Best,
Marcos

Murz

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2010, 02:49:48 am »
At now we can use Firefox with any Wysiwyg extension and enable wysiwyg in any textarea.
For example, this: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/6147/?collection_uuid=2c6514dd-3789-f119-aba5-0f18182545b4

Ginko

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2010, 04:44:03 am »
At now we can use Firefox with any Wysiwyg extension and enable wysiwyg in any textarea.
For example, this: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/6147/?collection_uuid=2c6514dd-3789-f119-aba5-0f18182545b4

Thanks for tip, it's an interesting plugin but as far as I understand it just adds html tags to the text in a more user friendly way. It doesn't solve the problem until html tags are allowed in task descriptions, comments, notes etc.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 01:38:40 pm by Ginko »

nsrivastava2

• Freshman
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2011, 03:27:08 am »
We at Velocity have integrated CKEditor and its working very well. If you want help regarding the same please let me know.

We are planning to write an instruction manual for the community. The only catch is - you will not be able to auto-upgrade Feng Office as that would replace the files where you would have made the changes.

Since this was done only for ourselves we have not tried to create a plugin for FengOffice. If we get some community sponsorship we may start the work on making a plugin.

Regards,

Nitin Srivastava
Velocity Software Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
Email: nsrivastava2@gmail.com

willieram

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2011, 12:27:24 pm »
Dear Nitin, I'd be interested in high level instructions about how you did this.
Thanks,
Willie.

We at Velocity have integrated CKEditor and its working very well. If you want help regarding the same please let me know.

We are planning to write an instruction manual for the community. The only catch is - you will not be able to auto-upgrade Feng Office as that would replace the files where you would have made the changes.

Since this was done only for ourselves we have not tried to create a plugin for FengOffice. If we get some community sponsorship we may start the work on making a plugin.

Regards,

Nitin Srivastava
Velocity Software Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
Email: nsrivastava2@gmail.com