Author Topic: Newbie Installation  (Read 4471 times)

yann

• View Profile
Newbie Installation
« on: March 24, 2009, 06:24:20 pm »
Hi,
I have spent a couple of hours on the OpenGoo demo and it fits quite well my needs. I would like to do a full scale example so I have decided to install OpenGoo but I do not understand very well from the manual. I installed XAMPP and downloaded the opengoo_1.3.zip file.
Where to unpack the zip file and then how to launch the OpenGoo installer? I have a limited knowledge in webserver and network.
Thanks!

soomon

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Newbie Installation
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 04:43:29 am »
extract the zip file to the xampp web directory and run the installer from your browser??

ignacio

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 05:48:14 pm »
Hi yann,

In case you need more detail, XAMPP's web directory is usually located on "C:\<path to xampp>\htdocs". Extract OpenGoo there, so that OpenGoo lies now on C:\<path to campp>\htdocs\opengoo. Then you need to start Apache and MySQL on XAMPP's control panel and then in your browser go to http://localhost/opengoo. The installer will now show up. Follow the steps. The database user is root and leave the password field empty.

yann

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2009, 04:25:02 am »
Hi,

Thanks to both of you, I was able to install OpenGoo, create users so I can start testing.
I just have to start XAMPP to login after my laptop was switch off. Any option to start Apache and MySQL when booting? Thanks again

ignacio

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2009, 10:59:00 am »
I think that from the XAMPP control panel you can install Apache and MySQL as a sevrice. If you do this you can configure those services to start automatically, by going to the Windows service manager (i don't recall its actual name). There's a button on the XAMPP control panel that will open it for you.