Author Topic: Mark Note as Private  (Read 3712 times)

aneesh84

• View Profile
    • Email
Mark Note as Private
« on: March 24, 2009, 03:28:23 pm »
There should be an option to mark note as private while posting so taht only members of teh owner company can view and comment on it.

rportinga

• View Profile
    • Bauer Bros. Construction, Inc.
    • Email
Re: Mark Note as Private
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 11:58:17 am »
One "work around" for this...

for my projects that are with clients, I create a workspace for the company, then a sub-workspace for the client.

Most of the stuff goes in to the sub-workspace that the client has access to. "private" stuff goes in the main workspace. When in there I can see private and client items, but client only ever sees the "public" stuff.
Rob Portinga
Bauer Bros. Construction, Inc.

aneesh84

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2009, 05:30:19 pm »
Sounds like a good idea....but still it can get complicated in my case.

We work with collaborative projects involving 7-8 clients. Some clients directly hired us as consultants. So we might need to share some comments with 2-3 clients when discussing consortium formation issues.

Hence it would not be elegant to form a different sub workspace for each client, especially since we want all teh information to stay in one place and avoid confusion. A simple option where for each note, i can select the clients that can have access to it would be very convenient and simple. By default all the members can have access.

Unfortunately i have no knowledge of development but am trying to learn. But such a feature would be useful in the next version. What do u guys think? Since I need to implement the feature as soon as possible for my company, any help would be greatly appreciated.

bountonw

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2009, 10:27:25 am »
This definitely would be useful for us.  We have worked around it by using sub-workspaces, but ideally only people who are subscribed to a private note should be able to read it.

smiek

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2009, 03:36:04 am »
With security levels (http://forums.opengoo.org/index.php?topic=1335.0) it would be very simple - all clients would have security level i.e. 90, workers 50, semi-workers 20 - all stuff for clients and workers (notes, documents) would have security level equal or greater than 90, all stuff for workers would have SecLev greater than 50 but lower than 90, all stuff (like contracts, agreements) for semi-workers (managers) would have SevLev set between 20 and 50.

With SecLev you won't have to create subworkspaces for clients, for managers - it would make managing security easier especially in middle and large instalations...

soulhound

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2009, 09:00:45 pm »
Hi.. I found this 'private note' option is present at the opengoo wiki NOTE page. But my opengoo doesn't have it..! Is that feature still waiting to be implemented or something?