Author Topic: Notes on Company files  (Read 3205 times)

TankGirl

• View Profile
Notes on Company files
« on: March 08, 2009, 06:30:18 pm »
Ok, so I am sure this is the easiest thing in the world but can you tell me how I can leave a note on a company or contact record? I want to be able to make notes on OpenGoo when I speak to a client, issue an invoice, add copies of emails etc. I am sure it can be done but I just cannot find where/how to do it.

Thanks.

ignacio

• View Profile
Re: Notes on Company files
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 06:49:08 pm »
For the moment, what you can do is create a workspace for that client or contact, and store there everything related to it. The problem you have with this is that you will need to duplicate some info (the contact's name, in the contact and in the workspace).
Otherwise you can use a tag with the client's name (worse solution than the previous one).
The last thing I can think of is, when you are writing the note, expand the Linked Objects category, and link that note with the contact or company you want. After you save the note it will be linked with the contact. You can then access it by viewing the contact and looking on the linked objects list (properties panel, bottom right). The problem with this solution is that it will not be easy to navigate the info related to that contact.

The reason why i said "for the moment" is because we are already designing a new concept that better fits this kind of situations, that we will introduce to OpenGoo some versions from now.

TankGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 07:00:46 pm »
Thanks. I'll give the first option a whirl and see how I go. Looking forward to new versions though that can handle this type of request.

I take it back, the Linked Objects is the best option I think.   ;D
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 07:32:08 pm by TankGirl »

rportinga

• View Profile
    • Bauer Bros. Construction, Inc.
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2009, 12:19:50 pm »
I use linked notes for this as well... and these are linked to specific contacts usually. I think for tracking a contact history it works great.

Tho I would still like a notes option for Companies like there is for contact so when I enter a company I can add stuff like description of what the company does and such... unlike using a linked note, this would be for stuff that doesn't change or get updated frequently.
Rob Portinga
Bauer Bros. Construction, Inc.