Author Topic: I lost almost everything upgrading  (Read 3372 times)

angelmg

• View Profile
I lost almost everything upgrading
« on: March 05, 2009, 02:39:41 pm »
I have upgraded from 1.2 RC1 to 1.3 and I have lost contacts, users, events, but not work areas.

And I cannot enter to administration.

It's normal?

Thank you

angelmg

• View Profile
Re: I lost almost everything upgrading
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 01:29:52 pm »
I answer to myself.

It recovered. I think it's because the cache. Few minutes later everything appeared.

Thanks!

tchu

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2009, 07:20:07 am »
I got a similar condition but failed to fix.

After updating the translations to version 1.3 and doing upgrade from 1.2.1 to 1.3rc1 by entering 'public/upgrade' and getting a successful message, I got a homepage of only page header and footer.
The log.php logs as follows:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#1 ERROR: Error: simplexml_load_file(http://www.opengoo.org/versions.xml) [<a href='function.simplexml-load-file'>function.simplexml-load-file</a>]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error
     in 'D:\xampp\htdocs\opengoo\application\models\versons_feed\VersionsFeed.class.php' on line 113 (error code: 2)
#2 ERROR: Error: simplexml_load_file() [<a href='function.simplexml-load-file'>function.simplexml-load-file</a>]: I/O warning : failed to load external entity &quot;http://www.opengoo.org/versions.xml&quot; in 'D:\xampp\htdocs\opengoo\application\models\versons_feed\VersionsFeed.class.php' on line 113 (error code: 2)
Time since start: 4.83297109604 seconds
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What can be the reason for this?

Thank you!

cale250

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2009, 12:08:04 pm »
What did you set the permissions to for the whole opengoo folder and its subdirectories? If the permissions aren't right, it could only overwrite certain files and probably caused some of your problems (though I would think the OpenGoo upgrade system would catch that). Either way, making a backup copy of all the local files that you stored on there, your configuration, and the MySQL database and then installing manually from an archive might be the way to go.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 12:09:49 pm by cale250 »

ignacio

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2009, 05:45:52 pm »
Hi Tchu,

Try changing line 113 of file 'application/models/versons_feed/VersionsFeed.class.php' to this:

Code: [Select]
      try {
      $this->xml_object = @simplexml_load_file($this->getFeedUrl());
      } catch (Error $e) {
      if (Env::isDebugging()) {
      Logger::log($e->getMessage());
      }
      }

tchu

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2009, 09:58:57 am »
Hi ignacio, thanks for advicing.

After changing as adviced, It recovered as normal. Only the same error message still was logged as before in log.php file.

Anyway, thank you very much!