Author Topic: logout seems to be bugy  (Read 5584 times)

chris-welt

• View Profile
logout seems to be bugy
« on: March 05, 2009, 08:18:56 am »
Hi Guys,

thank you first for the RC, but now I encounter a problem with the logout.
If I press logout I am still logged on, even if I cleared the cache of the browser.

I updated all files in my installation besides the config, uploads and public/files directory and pointed than to <mydomain>/public/upgrade and performed that step...

Chris

ignacio

• View Profile
Re: logout seems to be bugy
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 11:30:16 am »
Try clearing the cookies for your installation. Don't clear all cookies or you will logout from all other sites that you had login, only the ones of your OpenGoo's url. On firefox this is done by going to Edit -> Preferences -> Privacy -> Show cookies. There select your OpenGoo's domain and choose "Remove Cookie". I don't know how to delete one specific cookie in IE. But you can try creating a file cookie.php in your OpenGoo's root with this content and browsing to it:
Code: [Select]
<?php
setcookie
('id'falsenull"/");
setcookie('token'falsenull"/");
setcookie('remember'falsenull"/");
echo 
"Cookies deleted";
?>

Otherwise, you can wait two weeks for the cookie to expire (just kidding :P). Seriously, if my previous suggestion doesn't work then we would have to rollback the change we made to cookie management. It would be a pity because this change allows you to login to two OpenGoo installations on the same domain simultaneously which would otherwise be impossible. Also it allows you to login to OpenGoo and Joomla on the same server simultaneously. But obviously, being unable to logout is much worse. It worked during on our testing phase but maybe there's something particular about your setting that doesn't allow this to work.

RainerB

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2009, 02:57:52 pm »
Hi Ignacio,

i have had the same probem. Clearing the cookies seams to solve it.

Rainer

chris-welt

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2009, 09:37:04 am »
deleted the COOKIE_PATH and now it works again - thank you for the help and hint