Author Topic: Squirrelmail integration into OpnGoo  (Read 6503 times)

nsrivastava2

• Freshman
    • View Profile
    • Email
Squirrelmail integration into OpnGoo
« on: March 05, 2009, 11:30:40 pm »
<I am not sure if this topic should be in this forum or some other. Please feel free to move it to some other appropriate location if you wish to>

I have been trying hard to use Email (Beta) feature of OpenGoo. I have tried POP3 as well as IMAP for the Gmail account. Unfortunately, both did not work. Only 15-20 msgs got listed instead of all. I have a suggestion to use Squirrelmail as the IMAP client in OpenGoo. The system is immaculate as far as functionality is concerned. Its very fast and supports almost all emailing features.

I have had a hard time working with Email (beta) in OpenGoo.

This is just a suggestion. You as a developer definitely know better than me whats there inside the code.

Regards,

Nitin

betty111111

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Squirrelmail integration into OpnGoo
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 03:33:50 am »
Squirrelmail is awesome.   I think this is a great idea!! 

Why reinvent the wheel?  Just integrate Squirrelmail and add a "Link" button and maybe an extra column to indicate if it's been linked or not.   Then if the mouse hovers the status you get an option to go to the workspace, or something like that.   

Realistically wouldn't this be easier than to create an email client from scratch?

flo2

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2009, 09:57:39 am »
I can confirm that the current implementation of IMAP in OpenGoo is not really satisfying.
Squirrelmail is great from a technical point of view. Maybe something to build on.

More modern than Squirrelmail is RoundCube (http://roundcube.net/), which has a stable ajax-interface already, and does use the IMAP-Wrapper from ilohamail.org. This wrapper in fact might be interesting for the developers of OpenGoo, as it is tested thoroughly already. Only needs to be implemented  ;D

kristjanmik

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2009, 10:06:30 pm »
http://roundcube.net/ is the best one

conrado

• Administrator
  • Conrado
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2009, 08:00:30 pm »
The e-mail module is currently being improved.

OpenGoo 1.5 will bring an enhanced e-mail system.  :)

It would be great to have you test the pre-release versions to assure good quality for it.
Get Official Support for your Feng Office. Support the development team. Sign up for a Free Trial here.