Author Topic: Sync Calendar  (Read 19527 times)

unoquepasa

• View Profile
Sync Calendar
« on: September 10, 2008, 02:28:26 pm »
Hola!

I'm trying OpenGoo and i found it amazing, so before the request I would like to thank you all for the good work and encourage you to go on this way.

Now... I'd find really amazing if I were able to sync the GooCalendar with an offline calendar as Evolution or Sunbird. The possibility of editing in both Goo and OfflineApp and adding the events to the other application the next time I use will rock, as well.

Is there already a way for me to get this? Is this planned?

Thanks in advance.

Keep on!!

Number8

• View Profile
Re: Sync Calendar
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 02:54:37 pm »
Similarly, it would be nice to be able import events from an online calendar such as iCal Exchange or iCalShare.

conrado

• Administrator
  • Conrado
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 04:21:12 pm »
Hi. Thank you for the compliments and contribution.

The Calendar synchronization feature is something we certainly want to add. I'll be honest with you: I myself am not using the calendar much, because I like to use my cell phone - which is always with me - with its annoying ring reminding me of every step I have to take.

So, until we put some sync ability, the calendar, to me, will not be finished.

That said, we still have some bugs and other features that we feel are more important.

In summary: it will certainly be added, no due date specified yet.
Get Official Support for your Feng Office. Support the development team. Sign up for a Free Trial here.

unoquepasa

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2008, 05:26:31 pm »
Thanks for the fast answer, Conrado :) It's not a huge problem if it's not featured yet, and it will be better if you center on problems of current performance before adding to much options :)

I'm not a coder, but I certainly i'm already using the application, so I'll try to notice every bug I find (if any).

Enjoy!

conrado

• Administrator
  • Conrado
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2008, 09:18:35 am »
Great to know you are using the app! I hope it satisfies your needs.

Please, do report every bug you find.
Get Official Support for your Feng Office. Support the development team. Sign up for a Free Trial here.

technomensch

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2008, 05:12:04 pm »
What about incorporating funambol into opengoo?  That would allow for synchronization for calendar and contacts.  Unfortunatey, not for mail if it is being installed on shared act because that requires root access.

Marc

ignacio

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2008, 05:59:36 pm »
What is funabol about? How can we use it in OpenGoo?

Thanks.

technomensch

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2008, 06:08:17 pm »
"It is a free service that allows you to:

* get email pushed to your mobile phone from virtually any of your email accounts
    * perform over-the-air backup or synchronization of your contacts and calendar across your mobile phone, Outlook, and even iPod devices

Important: To use this service, your mobile phone must have an Internet connection (e.g. GPRS, EDGE, UMTS) and a mobile data plan. Without a data plan, you may incur costly data charges. If you are unsure about your data plan, check with your mobile operator.

http://www.funambol.com/docs/myfunambol/help/help.html

Open Source Version/Projects:
https://www.forge.funambol.org/servlets/ProjectList

ignacio

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2008, 09:00:17 am »
Great! We'll look at it

technomensch

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2008, 12:19:55 pm »
This information has been added as an FAQ on:

http://www.liveserver.ch/opengoo_wiki/doku.php?id=calendar

pod1987

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2008, 06:30:52 am »
hello,

have some question concerning sync of opengoo 1.0 with funambol outlook-plugin:

how to configure funambol for sync with opengoo?

my settings:

username
pw

but when sync there's always an error:

9:49:09 GMT +1:00 [INFO] -
 ************************** BEGIN of Synchronization session **************************
09:49:09 GMT +1:00 [DEBUG] - Synchronization URL
09:49:09 GMT +1:00 [INFO] - Preparing synchronization of appointment...
09:49:11 GMT +1:00 [ERROR] - Error processing SyncHdr Status
09:49:11 GMT +1:00 [ERROR] - Error in preparing sync: Error reading status code of command 'SyncHdr'

what do i have to change??

thanks a lot for your help.

greetz
pod
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 02:49:54 am by pod1987 »

technomensch

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2008, 08:17:14 am »
Unfortunately, at this time, OpenGoo does not work with Funambol.  I suggested it within this thread because the developers were looking for a way to incorporate OTA synchronization and I thought this would be the best way to do it in a future version.  If you are familiar with the Funambol development process, and interested in helping to implement this feature, or able to get it working, please contact the OpenGoo development team.

technomensch

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2009, 10:48:17 pm »
Following up with Funambol to the OpenGoo Developers,

I recommend submitting OpenGoo to the Funambol Code Sniper Team:

https://codesniper.forge.funambol.org/

The Funambol Code Sniper Program will provide bounties to community members who develop open source Connectors and Clients which will be open-sourced back to the community. The basic process for Code Snipers is as follows:

Stage 1: Choose your target

If you want to work on one of the listed projects, proceed directly to Stage 2. If you want to work on an unlisted project, contact us to assign a bounty. If it's acceptable to you, then proceed to Stage 2.

Stage 2: Put out the contract

Prepare a one-page proposal using the Proposal Form Template (download it in ODF format or MS Word format). Only one Sniper (or team of Snipers) per project. Funambol will accept or reject submissions and resolve any submission conflicts within 5 working days. When a proposal has been accepted, we'll let you know and you can move on to Stage 3. All submissions should be sent to codesniper@funambol.com.

ignacio

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2009, 06:22:27 pm »
Interesting. Thanks for the info.

max

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2009, 10:51:18 am »
Hello all,

I'd like to reheat this topic a little. I'd sincerely consider using openGoo (for my company) if syncing was available. I could live with a funambol connectivity; however it seems to me that the funambol codesniper program mentioned above works the wrong way around: it presupposes that a groupware already offers a live export feed, bounties are paid by funambol after they've seen the need for a specific project. So my guess is they wouldn't fund a development inside of openGoo for now.

But I liked the idea of a bounty program, anyways.
So my question to the general public is:
How about offering bounties for similar features for OpenGoo?
I would much rather pay someone to create open source software than churning out the money for some proprietary rental license on some remote groupware hoster...