Author Topic: only show exact workspace in dashboard  (Read 2237 times)

mourique

• View Profile
    • Email
only show exact workspace in dashboard
« on: February 26, 2009, 12:42:17 pm »
Hey y'all. First of all i have to say OpenGoo is a great Piece of Software. I was trying hard to find something that would fit my needs and OpenGoo just served me with all that =) I'm happy.

But, unfortunatly, there are still some thing si have to figure out before insert this tool in my agency's workflow.

In Dashboard-View you have a label in front of every item wich tells you the workspace location. But i only need the last subworkspace to be shown here. Because this is the Name of the Project  and this is the only useful information.

So as an example it would look like this.

My Workspace hirarchy is sorted like this

+ Projekte
--+Technogroup
----+TGR_052/Aktualisierun Hp-Flyer

This is shown in dashboard as:

Proj…/Tech…/TGR_052/Aktu…

but i want it to look like this

TGR_052/Aktualisierun Hp-Flyer

I hope this is just a small fix in some PHP-File, but my knowledge isn't good enough to figure it out.

Thanks a lot and please dont judge me for my english. I know its not best, i'm german  ;)

m

conrado

• Administrator
  • Conrado
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
    • Email
Re: only show exact workspace in dashboard
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2009, 02:02:02 pm »
Hi.

Glad you are liking OpenGoo. And your English is very good (though there is a German Language section on the forum if you prefer).

We are aware of the situation that you present. But we have also found cases where the most relevant Workspace name is not the last, but the one before (or anywhere in the hierarchy).

Anyway... the issue is understood. The solution is not straightforward (at least not at the moment).

Also, as you say, it shouldn't be too hard for a coder to find the file that handles this, and do a quick hack.
Get Official Support for your Feng Office. Support the development team. Sign up for a Free Trial here.

mourique

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2009, 04:07:37 am »
hey
thanks for your fast response.
i see your point, but i don't want it to be implemented as a feature. I just want this quick and dirty workaround. Maybe some of the coders here in this forum might have a look at the files.
This would be so great.

m

mourique

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2009, 05:33:08 am »
I think i found the part wich should handle this.
Code: [Select]
<?php 
$dws $task->getWorkspaces(logged_user()->getActiveProjectIdsCSV());
$projectLinks = array();
foreach ($dws as $ws) {
$projectLinks[] = '<span class="project-replace">' $ws->getId() . '</span>';
}
echo implode('&nbsp;',$projectLinks);
?>

Do you think it is the right one? Maybe somebody could give me a hint what parts to change, because i am pretty stuck right here =(

I am thankful for any help

m

ignacio

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2009, 03:26:10 pm »
You can do something like this. On file 'public/assets/javascript/og/WorkspaceUtils.js' add the following line after line 80 (if (node != null ...)

Code: [Select]
return '<span class="og-wscont og-wsname"><span style="padding-left:1px;padding-right:1px" ' +
        'class="og-wsname-color-' + node.ws.color + '" onmouseover="og.triggerFPT(this)" ' +
        'onmouseout="og.clearTriggerFPT()">'+ html + '<a href="#" onclick="Ext.getCmp(\'workspace-panel\').select(' + node.ws.id + ')" ' +
        'name="' + og.clean(og.clean(node.ws.name)).replace('"', '\\"') + '" class="og-wsname-color-' + node.ws.color + '">' +
        og.trimMax(node.ws.name, longLength, append) + "</a></span></span>";