Author Topic: Mail notification cannot send  (Read 3573 times)

sana

• View Profile
Mail notification cannot send
« on: February 11, 2009, 02:56:58 am »
Hello,
I've a question regarding mail notification issue for calender events and task notification.When i try to send a notification to a user, error shows'‘Notifier has failed to construct mailer object’.Its worth to mention here that my mail server is up and work fine at that time as i could send & receive mails from mail client.Moreover i face the same issue 5 out of 10 times,i meant its not a permanent error.As per my understanding i should need to increase the time somehwhere in the script.
would you please suggest?
Regards,
Sana

Arthur Mullard

• View Profile
Re: Mail notification cannot send
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 06:08:26 am »
We're getting "Notifier has failed to construct mailer object" errors.

Everything was working fine until we upgraded to 1.1RC1. Then we noticed we couldn't get notifications for calendar events. And all the Note email notifications for subscribers stopped comeing through.
Using the 'Test mail settings' tool results in the "Notifier has failed to construct mailer object" error.
The problem remains after upgrading to 1.2.01.
We're using exactly the same hosting company/package for another installation of OpenGoo, configuered identitcally and everything has remained working fine there.
Any suggestions would be gratefully received, we're art a loss now. :(

ignacio

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 06:20:47 pm »
If you haven't done it already, set DEBUG to true in config/config.php and check file cache/log.php for any error messages.

It is really weird that two installations configured exactly the same behave differently.  ??? Can you check if the following SQL query returns the same result for both installations?
Code: [Select]
SELECT `name`, `value`
FROM `og_config_options`
WHERE `name` IN ('mail_transport', 'smtp_server', 'smtp_port', 'smtp_secure_connection',
'smtp_authenticate', 'smtp_username', 'smtp_password')

You may have to change the database prefix.

My other guess would be that some server settings differ between both installations. Maybe something in the .htaccess file.

Arthur Mullard

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2009, 06:40:38 am »
Thanks so much for the support. I had set DEBUG to true, and this is what is in the log:

<?php die(); ?>
Session "default" started at 2009-02-23T00:21:44+0000
#1 ERROR: Error: Undefined variable: ws in '/home/realinst/public_html/goo/application/controllers/MessageController.class.php' on line 98 (error code: 8)
#2 ERROR: Error: Missing argument 3 for Notifier::objectDeleted(), called in /home/realinst/public_html/goo/application/models/notifier/Notifier.class.php on line 45 and defined in '/home/realinst/public_html/goo/application/models/notifier/Notifier.class.php' on line 127 (error code: 2)
#3 ERROR: Error: Undefined variable: ws in '/home/realinst/public_html/goo/application/controllers/MessageController.class.php' on line 98 (error code: 8)
#4 ERROR: Error: Missing argument 3 for Notifier::objectDeleted(), called in /home/realinst/public_html/goo/application/models/notifier/Notifier.class.php on line 45 and defined in '/home/realinst/public_html/goo/application/models/notifier/Notifier.class.php' on line 127 (error code: 2)
Time since start: 0.40957403182983 seconds
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Session "default" started at 2009-02-24T01:46:14+0000
#1 ERROR: Error: set_time_limit() [<a href='function.set-time-limit'>function.set-time-limit</a>]: Cannot set time limit in safe mode in '/home/realinst/public_html/goo/application/controllers/MailController.class.php' on line 497 (error code: 2)
Time since start: 2.7069900035858 seconds

Session "default" started at 2009-02-24T09:18:55+0000
#1 ERROR: Error: Missing argument 3 for Notifier::objectDeleted(), called in /home/realinst/public_html/goo/application/models/notifier/Notifier.class.php on line 45 and defined in '/home/realinst/public_html/goo/application/models/notifier/Notifier.class.php' on line 127 (error code: 2)
Time since start: 0.396320104599 seconds

Session "default" started at 2009-02-26T09:50:30+0000
#1 ERROR: Error: Undefined variable: ws in '/home/realinst/public_html/goo/application/controllers/MessageController.class.php' on line 98 (error code: 8)
Time since start: 5.931981086731 seconds

Arthur Mullard

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2009, 07:02:41 am »
I ran the SQL queries. I get same values on both for:

mail_transport
smtp_authenticate
smtp_port
smtp_secure_connection

and different values for:

smtp_server
smtp_username
smtp_password

ignacio

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2009, 06:37:28 pm »
If the value for 'mail_transport' is 'smtp' then you have different settings for sending email on each installation. You need to set the correct values in the one that's not working to match the values in the one that is. This can be done by going to Administration -> Configuration -> Mailing.

If 'mail_transport' is 'mail()' then I'm still dazzled.

Arthur Mullard

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2009, 07:59:09 pm »
Not sure I understand but:

• Mail Transport (in Configuration/ Mailing) is already set to "SMTP Server" in both.

Arthur Mullard

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2009, 09:09:59 am »
the values for "mail_transport" are in both installations are:

smtp

ignacio

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2009, 01:42:52 pm »
Ok, so the problem must be on the values for smtp_server, smtp_username, smtp_password. Can you set the same values for both installations? Keep the settings in the installation that is working properly and change the settings on the other installation to match the first one.