Author Topic: Ical feed shows wrong time in google calendar  (Read 6666 times)

GRolenz

• View Profile
Ical feed shows wrong time in google calendar
« on: March 19, 2011, 09:45:24 pm »
Is it possible to edit the ical feed being sent out from the Feng Office Calendar? The Feng Office ical feed displays correctly in my Thunderbird calendar but my Google calendar which also feeds the calendar on my mobile is displaying all the Feng Office events as GMT rather than my correct time GMT +5.

In researching this, it seems that this is a recognized problem with Google Calendars. G/Cal binds floating time ical feeds to UTC and you cannot alter this. The only apparent solution I have found is to add the Time Zone information to every event in the ical feed. So Is it possible to edit the feng office ical feed to do this and if so how? Or is there another way around this problem?

Thanks

Greg

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Ical feed shows wrong time in google calendar
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 11:22:44 am »
This is quite odd, I have had no problems with this and I am GMT - 3.
Anyway, can't you change all of the events timezones in Google or do you have to do it one by one?
Should you happen to change the Feng Office feed for better, it would be great if you could post it here.

Best regards,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!

GRolenz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 01:27:11 pm »
Hello  Francisco,

Thanks for responding. That's the problem. Google won't let me change the time zone for the Feng Office calendar. Neither the default timezone nor the individual times. My Feng Office calendar was added to Google through the "Add a URL" option.

The times show up correctly in my Feng Office calendar and in my Thunderbird calendar with uses the same feed link as the Google Calendar. It is only Google that is wrong. It seems to be a problem with Google as there is a lot of talk on the Google boards about the problem but not a lot of solutions from Google.

If I can figure out a solution to this, I will certainly post it. But it may take some time as I am not a programmer. As I said the only proposed solution is to include the time zone information with every event. That is what I am trying to figure out - how to get my Feng Office ical feed to look at my default time zone and automatically insert it into every ical feed event.

Greg

BTW I had a typo My correct time is GMT -5 not +5

karlstatt

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2011, 03:52:34 pm »
I have the same problem  :(

smet

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 07:42:39 am »
The problem still seems to exist. My current version of FO is 1.7.5. Adding the calendar in Google via URL sets the timezone to GMT+00:00, although the general calendar settings are different. There is no way to change the timezone for the imported calendar in Google.

So, do you know a solution? Could the generated ics-file be complemented by some timezone-specific tags? Recurrent events are described as follows:

DTSTART;TZID=Australia/Perth:20080311T193000
DTEND;TZID=Australia/Perth:20080311T213000

(example from Google Groups)

Although it is not necessary for single events the TZID-tag perhaps solves the problem?

smet

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2012, 11:25:12 am »
Perhaps adding one line to the ics-file could solve the problem: groups.google.com/a/googleproductforums.com/forum/#!category-topic/calendar/syncing-my-calendar/bXo1thc5yW8

Seems to be working by adding e.g.: X-WR-TIMEZONE:America/Regina