Author Topic: 1.3 Testing  (Read 2464 times)

shmuelios

• Freshman
    • View Profile
1.3 Testing
« on: February 25, 2009, 02:06:44 pm »
Its damn good!! I couldn't wait so I am using it on production site. Luckily i can restore tables on my server easily.

I'm just going to dump all my input here (I hope you don't mind. I'll break it up otherwise) and the bugs that I found. forgive me if i say anything that is already in the pipe.

Also I can setup some server space for you to see on a dreamhost server so you can do checks because I have a few issues that you guys maybe don't see.

Billing Feature
-Allows defining hourly rates for users and workspaces.
 Do you think one user may charge more for different jobs deppending on what that requires from them. So that he may have multiple rates to choose from? One for a future version maybe?

Reporting ->Total task execution
Currently it works out in the the total hours worked still includes task pause time!
but doesn't assign the rate yet so just pulls back $ 0 for all the billing values. I hope we get £ at some point  ;)

Tasks
Budget field? some clients agree to a price at the start so while its nice to have the cost worked up by the system do you think the budget could be included as a task then you can see if your going over budget etc...

I assume budget field would sit next to the billing field in the report but would always be using the budget field as the primary data
Buget | Billing
$999  | $800

Tasks -> Milestones
when in a milestone. Its about as useful as the front page tasks at the moment. I think it would be useful to pull out

-hours worked out of each task (maybe with estimate time if applied)
-total milestone hours
-be able to preview description text on hover or all sorts of info? (this could be everywhere really)
-I'm sure the tasks could be formatted better like the task page.

Task Bug
Also my tasks Tab started giving an error (sorry i forget the number) and not appearing so i took a guess and restored the 'og_user_ws_config_option_values' table. its working again now. but maybe this needs to be a feature of reverting to default settings in case it happens again?

conrado

• Administrator
  • Conrado
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
    • Email
Re: 1.3 Testing
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2009, 10:59:41 am »
Though it would be better to break it up in separate posts, it is a very useful input.

We'll be going over each issue.

Thanks!
Get Official Support for your Feng Office. Support the development team. Sign up for a Free Trial here.