Author Topic: OpenGoo 1.3-beta is out!  (Read 5526 times)

ignacio

• View Profile
OpenGoo 1.3-beta is out!
« on: February 24, 2009, 02:52:35 pm »
The first beta of OpenGoo 1.3 is out. This version introduces some new features, several usability improvements and some bugfixes from 1.2 releases. This version is recommended for testing and evaluating purposes only. For use in production environments please download OpenGoo 1.2.1.

The most notable new features in OpenGoo 1.3 beta are:
    - Billing module:
       - Allows defining hourly rates for users and workspaces.
       - You can generate a report showing how much should be billed for some client.
       - You also get charts on the dashboard comparing billing amounts by user.
    - Reminders:
       - Define email reminders or popup reminders for events, tasks and milestones.
       - You can define reminders for yourself or for all subscribers of an object.
       - Email reminders need a properly configured cron job.

Other features and frequently requested usability improvements have been implemented:
   - Fixed order of fields in forms when navigating with the TAB key in Firefox.
   - Calendar filters now work like tasks filters. Values are remembered and tasks and milestones are also filtered in the calendar.
   - Weblinks are now commentable.
   - IMAP support has been improved. The PHP imap extension is no longer needed.

Download OpenGoo 1.3-beta here: http://downloads.sourceforge.net/opengoo/opengoo_1.3.beta.zip

Please report bugs to http://bugs.opengoo.org

You can always contact us at http://forums.opengoo.org

Enjoy!

Don

• Freshman
    • ICQ Messenger - 41785409
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: OpenGoo 1.3-beta is out!
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 01:29:04 am »
I must be a bit slow - I am on 1.2RC2, went to get 1.2, and found 1.3 beta :-)

The link on the OpenGoo home page says 1.2, but points to the latest beta. I will install it - but might not be for people who value stability :-)

(So far i have not had any problems with the betas and RC's)

Also - I need to down load 1.2 and 1.2.1 so I have the complete set of 1.x releases :-)

soomon

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 05:35:46 am »
damn guys you are really fast!
nice work!

update went smoothly.

my feedback:

calendar:
i got this "check mark" after all my events (the one showing that i participate)
i think it's a littl ebit annoying (because i use my calendar alone and so i participate at all events, of course ;)   )
maybe there is another way to signalise that? maybe a lightly different colour of the event's name?

web links:
when you now click on the title of a web link you get the description instead of  opening the url directly
this is very good!!!
but the icon that opens the url could maybe be a bit smaller? XD

email:
email retrieval from gmail seems to work partly now. but it only receives 10 emails (imap)
then i have to trigger it again
well, let's say 1600 / 10 time is a lot of work :S
is this a bug or a wrong setting or shall i open a new  thread about that in another forum?

about viewing emails:
is it possible to view the imap folders so one is able to quickly view only that one folder? because right now all email are collected in one big folder,
but isn't the sese of imap to view that folders on the "email client", too?
and thus keep client and server synced? is it possible to implement in opengoo, too?
opengoo gets all imap folders from gmail (when i look at the email account preferences). so it shouls also be able to view them that way.
would be great!!

thanks & keep up the great work!

greets from germany,
soomon
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 10:13:09 am by soomon »

j_strackbein

• Freshman
    • View Profile
    • WISER: Water bodies in Europe, Intergrative System to access Ecological status and Recovery
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2009, 07:49:13 am »
wou..you guys are fast+good, thanks for all the excelent work you are doing!

We are starting to use opengoo for a large research project, more then 120users, 60 workspaces,..I will try to report about some of our experiences here.

It was asked in the forum before, but is there any posibilty to subscribe users to (emtpy) workspaces now to get information about anything which is happening in there? if not, is it in the pipeline for the next version? Otherwise we have to find a solution ourselfs.

Greeting from Vienna
Joerg

conrado

• Administrator
  • Conrado
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2009, 08:35:53 am »
Thanks for the messages everyone!

Yes, please note that Beta versions are VERY UNSTABLE, and as Ignacio said, should only be used for testing and evaluation purposes.

Of course, community testing is the reason why OpenGoo gets more robust with every release, so we encourage you to try it, and will try to be very responsive with the issues you might find.
Get Official Support for your Feng Office. Support the development team. Sign up for a Free Trial here.

ignacio

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2009, 04:42:40 pm »
Hi,

About checking email, you can configure a cron job to periodically run the cron.php file located at OpenGoo's root. This script will check for email automatically for you, and you will only need to use the "Check mail accounts" when you just can't wait a few minutes for the cron job to run ;)