Author Topic: Editing Text Fields for New Contacts  (Read 2539 times)

Double A Ron

• View Profile
Editing Text Fields for New Contacts
« on: February 23, 2009, 08:13:23 pm »
Hey guys, first off, this is a fantastic piece of software and we're really excited to implement it! Thank you to the developers and contributors for making it so nice!

I'm wondering though; what is the path/file location to edit the "New Contact" form fields? If you folks have any advice or tips on editing forms and stuff like that I'd love to hear from you too!  :)

Double A Ron

• View Profile
Re: Editing Text Fields for New Contacts
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 04:31:35 pm »
No takers?  :P I know it's going to involve editing some script, I'm just looking for a hint in the right direction.

ignacio

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 06:50:08 pm »
Hi, if you want to add / remove fields from the New Contact view you need to edit 'application/controllers/ContactController.class.php', functions 'add' and 'edit' (these two get called before rendering the forms and after the form is submited) and you will also have to edit file 'application/views/contacts/edit_contact.php'. This last file renders the form fields.

Hope this helps a bit. Please ask again if you have further quetsions.

Double A Ron

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2009, 07:28:54 am »
wow. It's definitely not as simple as I'd hoped. I was hoping it would be laid out in some sort of html format or a more simple php where I could kinda understand the logic easily. Each field appears to be interdependent on another script in a different file, or something. Maybe database links. Usually with stuff like this I just copy previous code and edit it to fit my customization.