The Feng Office team is pleased to announce the release of the latest version of the Feng Office Platform! Our latest version includes features most frequently asked for by our customers and reflects our continued commitment to supporting your key business needs.
Settings and Customizations
New system level features that add flexibility to how you use Feng Office
Sort Projects and Other Dimensions
Configure the sort order of projects and other dimensions.
Deleting Projects and Related Information
Easily delete projects and ALL the information related to that project (tasks, documents and more) with a simple click.
– You can relate (connect) dimensions to each other and to other objects (such as tasks), improving your ability to classify information, organize data and generate powerful reports.
– System administrators can now set default values for each dimension to be automatically added when users create an object that is classified in that dimension.
– Also, new options allow you to keep or ignore dimensions when copying the classification from a parent task to a subtask.
Improved project accounting and billing functionality
Billing Calculation Improvements
New Dimension: Labor Categories
– Automatically calculates billing based on time entered x labor rate
– Can be assigned to tasks directly and in project and task templates
New Dimension: Rate Schedules
– Collection of labor categories to be used at project, client or user level (aka “rate sheet”)
– Only needs to be assigned once, all time entries will inherit Rate Schedule
Timeslots can be assigned ‘hour types’ for accurate calculation of overtime
– Supports completely custom, multistage approval and review processes. Is permission based – users can only move time slots between states they are allowed.
– Prevents modification to timeslots in appropriate statuses.
Our new invoicing module is focused on making it easy to automate your back office
Automated Invoice Generation
Easily filter and select the timeslots you want – and generate an invoice in one click.
Using our new billing dimensions (labor categories and rate schedules ensures accurate, rapid invoice creation. You can use different rates and different formats – even for a single client.
Customize and manage the way the system manages notifications
The new notification manager provides you complete control over the email notifications generated by the system. Now you can:
– Select which events trigger a notification
– Control what information is included in a notification
– Customize how the information is formatted
– Control the frequency in which the information is communicated
Our new and improved expenses module makes it easier to track direct, non-labor project expenses
– Create a catalog of product types to track expenses by product. When creating a project budget, expected expenses can be budgeted by product with pre-populated expenses.
– Product catalogs (both products and pricing) can vary by client, project or rate schedule.
– Create actual expense payments and upload receipt images.
– Link actual expenses to budgeted expenses.
– Itemize receipts to whatever level of detail works best for your organization.
– If the name of an expense receipt is left blank, the name will be automatically generated in customizable format.
– You can choose to bill a client directly from the expense (or mark it non-billable)
– When the actual amount of the expense exceeds the budgeted amount, the expense appears in red
Our powerful custom reporting engine has just gotten better!
Boolean Logic in Reports
Use “AND”,”OR” expressions to create powerful custom reports to gain deeper insights into your business.
Add contact or project related properties as columns and group reports by these properties.
Automated Project Numbering
Flexible format project numbering that can now be used in reporting at the beginning of each project name.